“Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
Sponsor: Mrs. Loretta Perry-Wooters
Student Council Membership Information-Advisor: L. Perry-Wooters (Ms. Perry)
SMSH Student Council is responsible for a wide variety of school activities including, but not limited to the following:
* Homecoming Week activities, sales of T-shirts, and pep rally
* Winterfest Week activities, sales of T-shirts, and pep rally
* assisting with Open House
* assisting with Parent-Teacher Conferences
* assisting with graduation
* various week-long awareness campaigns (Suicide Awareness, Red Ribbon Week/violence prevention/Bullying Education, Character Education, Breast Cancer Awareness Day)
* Veterans’ Day lunch
* Black History month activities throughout the month of February
* Other miscellaneous activities!
Process for becoming a member of Student Council
1. Students in grades 10, 11 and 12 are eligible for membership.
2. Announcements will be made for a time to come to a meeting with the advisor to pick up an application. An application must be filled out; a number of signatures from members of the students’ own class will be required as well as signatures from 4 teachers. A letter will be sent home making a parent/guarding aware of the members’ responsibilities which must be signed.
3. After the deadline to turn in applications a panel consisting of the advisor, teacher(s), and administrator(s) will choose members.
**** Turning in an application does NOT guarantee membership and only a certain number of members will be chosen per grade level (as determined by the advisor).
Members of Student Council will have great responsibility, but it is a great honor to be representatives of your class and your school! Student Council is truly a club for those with leadership qualities. If you are interested see Ms. Perry for more information!